- Checks, inspects and monitors various types of machinery, equipment and systems such as steam traps, heat control panels, safety valves and gauges, high and low water converters.
- Operates machinery and equipment such as chillers, boilers, generators, pumps and valves to ensure the provision of power.
- Repairs, overhauls, and maintains machinery and equipment by replacing turbines, boilers, burners, motors, pumps and compressors.
- Oversees the acquisition, storage and use of fuel oils by verifying receipt of fuel and directing delivery to proper storage facility.
- Monitoring fuel oil levels by means of a dipstick and treating fuel oil with additives to remove sludge and prevent corrosion to ensure the availability of clean burning fuel oil.
- Performs related functions such as inspecting operating systems on a regular basis and identifying and reporting faulty equipment.
- Knowledge of the principles of operation of industrial type heating systems.
- Knowledge of the types and uses of industrial type heating systems.
- Knowledge of the principles of pneumatics as applied to heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems.
- Knowledge of the type of and uses of pneumatics as applied to heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems.
- Knowledge of the types and uses of pneumatic controls used in power plant operations.
- Knowledge of the types and uses of pumps used in water and fuel systems.
- Applicants must have at least two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in building maintenance, repair, and or construction, or in building construction trade.
- Possession of a Third Class or higher Stationary Engineer's license based on standards established by the Massachusetts Department of Public Safety and pursuant of Chapter 146 of the Massachusetts General Laws.
Salary: $1,908.09 bi-weekly
Closing date: May 28, 2021
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/4e2lEmCgqzXJSqA8hWWJp
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency