Assay Development Scientist (Molecular Diagnostics)
At the Clinical Diagnostics Group (a division of Bio-Rad), we are undergoing a rapid evolution, which includes building an R&D team focused on molecular diagnostics, leveraging droplet digital PCR (ddPCR), which uses microfluidic chips to generate nanoliter-sized droplets as reaction vessels to power this extremely precise digital nucleic acid measurement method. Bio-Rad has established the market lead in digital PCR and now we're expanding into molecular diagnostics for our clinical laboratory customers. We believe our partition technology (creating hundreds of thousands of droplets) will open up new avenues in the clinical diagnostics markets. To support this evolution, we are looking for a talented Scientist to be a member of the Molecular Diagnostics Assay Development team for the Clinical Diagnostics Group's efforts to expand into Reproductive Health, Infectious Diseases and Human Genetics.
What We Are Looking For:
If you're a scientist passionate about the development of molecular assays that contribute towards improving patients' lives while thriving in a multi-disciplinary team environment, please read on! The successful candidate will work in a team focused on Reproductive Health field (NIPT, Carrier Screening, Pre-eclampsia, Endometriosis).
- Conduct key experiments leading to the successful completion of concept/feasibility of ddPCR based products.
- Lead the development of product specifications and quality metrics to deliver optimum product performance.
- Drive Verification/Validations testing and report findings.
- Train and support transfer/operations teams in preparation for product launches.
- Successfully interact and align with various functional roles (including Marketing, Project Managers, Software Engineers, QA, and Manufacturing) to drive project to completion.
- Mentoring and coaching of junior technical staff.
- Design and execute experiments, perform data analysis and effectively communicate results to technical and non-technical audience.
- Participate in regular data and design reviews.
- Support the development of the physical product specifications and configurations that deliver the ideal product performance.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time (once travel is allowed and safe again).
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics or Biochemistry with 2+ years of industrial experience (or MS/BS with 6+ years of experience) highlighted with successful NPIs.
- Track record of design, execution and analysis of experiments on aggressive schedules in a rapidly changing environment.
- Direct experience with nucleic acid technology relating to PCR, qPCR, and/or digital PCR, with special emphasis developing hihgly multiplexed PCR assays.
- Adept with designing and executing DOEs and use of statistical analysis programs such as JMP or MiniTab.
- Skilled at writing clear plans, reports and SOPs.
- Direct experience and full knowledge of Product Life Cycles exemplified by product launch while working under ISO 13485 quality standard.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, logical and analytical thinking, ability to multitask, work independently and on a team, and the ability to learn, troubleshoot, and problem solve are essential.
- Highly knowledgeable in nucleic acid sample preparation and characterization is essential. Prior experience working with cell-free DNA and/or creating nucleic acid calibrators and controls a plus.
- Detailed working knowledge of modern sequencing methods, the field of reproductive health and human genomics, and informatics.
- Displays natural integrity, humility and authenticity.
- Is committed to Diversity and Inclusion.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To apply, please visit: https://careers.bio-rad.com/jobs/assay-development-scientist-molecular-diagnostics-pleasanton-california-united-states
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency